Friday, April 06, 2012

Honored to Support Bob King for Town Council

The following was submitted by Patty Williamson of Mt. Airy 
 
I am honored to support Bob King as a candidate for the Mount Airy Town Council. I have served with Bob on the town's Parks and Recreation Board since 2006 and know that he truly cares about the citizens of Mount Airy. 

When he moved to town in 1992, he became involved with MAYAA, first by coaching and later by serving as President. He was appointed to the Parks and Recreation Board in 1997 and in 2006, was elected as Chairman of the Board, a position that he continues to hold today. 

I was introduced to Bob during the controversial Zeltman Annexation. Even though I was on the town's Beautification Commission fighting to save the town's 88 acres from development and Bob was on the Parks and Recreation Board fighting for the promised athletic fields, he always listened to and treated me with respect. 

Today, even though I do not agree with everything that Bob supports, I know that he has the patience needed to listen to others before making decisions on important issues. 

Please join me in voting for Bob King for Town Council on May 7. 

Patty Williamson 
Board Member Mount Airy Parks and Recreation 
Guest Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment